NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review carefully.
At Yang Medical Services, PLLC dba Doctoroo, we understand that your medical information about you and your health is personal. Our practice is committed to protecting your medical information. We are required by federal and state laws to maintain the privacy of your Protected Health Information (PHI) and to give you this notice explaining our privacy practice with regards to your information. This notice explains your rights and our legal obligations regarding the privacy of you PHI.
Protected Health Information if information that individually identifies you. It may be used and disclosed by your physicians, our office staff, another healthcare provider, your health plan, your employer or healthcare clearinghouse that relates to (1) past, present or future physical conditions, (2) the provision of healthcare to you, or (3) the past, present or future payment for your healthcare.
How we may use and disclose your Protected Health Information:
- Treatment: Your PHI may be provided to a physician or healthcare provider to whom you have been referred, to ensure they have the necessary information to diagnose, treat or provide a service.
- Payment: Your PHI may be used and disclosed to enable us to bill and either collect payment from you, a health plan or third party for the treatment and services you receive from us. As an example, we may need to give your health plan information of your treatment in order for your health plan to agree to pay for that treatment.
- Health Care Operations: We may use and disclose your PHI in order to support the business activities of your physician’s office. The activities include, but are not limited to, the evaluation of our team members in care for you, quality assessment, the disclosure of information to physicians’ nurses, medical technicians, medical students and other authorized personnel for education and learning purposes.
- Appointment Reminders/Treatment Alternatives/Health Related Services: We may use and disclose your PHI to contact you to remind you that you have a scheduled medical appointment or to advise you of treatment options or alternatives or health related benefits and service which may be of interest to you.
- Marketing and any purposes which require the sale of your information: These disclosures require your written permission.
- Business Associates: We may share your PHI with other individuals or companies that perform various activities for, or on behalf of, our office. Such as after-hours telephone answering, quality assurance, or clinical research. Our business associates agree to protect the privacy of your information.
- Any other uses and Disclosures not recorded in this notice: Will be made only with your written authorization. You may revoke the authorization at any time by submitting a written revocation and we will no longer disclose your PHI, except to the extent that your physician or physicians’ practice has taken action in reliance on the use or disclosure indicated in the authorization.
Your health record is the physical property of YANG MEDICAL SERVICES, PLLC DBA DOCTOROO. The information contained in it belongs to you. Below is a list of your rights regarding individually identifiable health information; all requests related to these items must be made in writing to our privacy officer using the contact details listed below. We will provide you with appropriate forms to exercise these rights. We will notify you, in writing, if your request cannot be granted.
- The Right to Inspect and Copy: Under federal law you have the right to inspect and copy your PHI and Yang Medical Services, PLLC dba Doctoroo has 30 days to make your PHI available to you, fees may apply.
- The Right to an Electronic Copy of Electronic Medical Record: You have the right to request an electronic copy of your PHI be given to you or transmitted to your designated officer. We will make every effort to provide the electronic copy in the format you request, however, if it is not readily producible by us we will provide it in either our standard format or in a hard copy (fees may apply).
- Restrictions on Use and Disclosure: You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the PHI we use or disclose for treatment, payment or health record operations. You may ask us not to use or disclose any part of your PHI and by law we must comply when the PHI pertains solely on health care item or services which the health care provider involved has been paid out of pocket in full. Your request must be made in writing to our HIPAA Compliance Officer with specific instructions. If we agree to the restriction, we may only be in violation of the restriction for emergency treatment purposes. By law, you may not request that we restrict the disclosure of your PHI for treatment purposes.
- The Right to Get a Notice of a Breach: You have the right to be notified upon a breach of any of your unsecured PHI.
- The Right to Request Amendments: If you feel that the PHI we have is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to amend this information. A request and the reason for the requested amendment must be in writing to the HIPAA Compliance Officer at the information at the end of this notice. In certain cases, we may deny your request. If we deny your request, you have the right to file a statement of disagreement with us and we may prepare a rebuttal to your statement and will provide a copy.
- The Right to an Account of Disclosures: You have the right to receive an accounting of all disclosures: pursuant to an authorization, for purposes of treatment, payment, healthcare operations; required by law, the occurred six years prior to the date of the request. Your request must be made in writing and you must indicate in what form you want the list, for example, on paper or electronically. The first accounting of disclosures in any 12-month period will be free. Any additional requests within the same period, fees may apply.
- The Right to Request Confidential Communications: You have the right to request that we communicate with you only in certain ways to preserve your privacy. For example, you may request that we contact you by mail at a specific address or call you on a specific telephone number. Your request must be made in writing with specific instructions on how and where we contact you. We will accommodate all reasonable requests and will not ask the reason for your request.
- Copy of Notice: You have the right to request that we provide you with a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact Yang Medical Services, PLLC dba Doctoroo at 702 664 8401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel that your privacy rights have been violated, you have the right to file a written complaint with our office. You may also file a complaint with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil rights U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, S.W.Room 509F HHH Bldg.Washington, D.C. 0201.
There will be no retaliation for filing a complaint.